Monday, January 20, 2014

Final First Act

I got a First Act guitar and case for $5.  I wanted the case, not the guitar, but now I am trying to make it a guitar I can stand at least enough to play as a backup.

For the body I am making it solid black.  I started by sanding to make the front surface paintable.  This turned out pretty well, but took an extra coat that I didn't catch at first.  The end result looks pretty decent.  I have wired up as well.  Instead of the volume and tone pot, I kept the volume, but added a 3-way switch.  The 3 positions of the switch are full humbucker, single neck side coil, and off.  I will test that out once I get the remaining pieces needed to string it up.

The headstock is getting de-branded and re-shaped.  This went well except the black bled over on the edge.  I do not feel like re-sanding it.  Maybe if it sounds really awesome I will make it look as good as it sounds.

The pic in front of the speaker cabinet is a final finishing pic of the guitar and back of bass.  There is a few marks on the back of the bass from it touching stuff while it was wet... whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment